My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://mycrazyadoption.org
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Words from my brother- China and my niece

I’m writing this from the Shanghai airport which means my China trip is over. I hate that. But I'm glad to be coming home. I'll keep praying that God brings "Mercy" into our home. But if not, I will always cherish the memories of playing with her and hearing her call me "papa"...even if only for that moment in time. She will bring such happiness to her family; I just pray it will be my family. Most importantly I will never forget these precious orphan children and what they taught me:

* Love changes lives.
* We all want to be loved by our papa.
* Nothing feels as safe as being held.
* If you can’t get someone to listen to you, bite them (I have a huge bruise to prove this truth)
* Loving someone doesn't mean they'll love you back.
* Color means nothing when seen through the eyes of love.
* Prayer changes lives.
* Kids will overcome and adapt to whatever special needs they might have.
* We all have special needs.
* We were all orphans once.
* To belong and to have a family is the best thing in the world.
* A nanny is a walking, breathing saint!
* People who follow God's calling can change the world.
* Buying something will now always be measured in how many surgeries it could have purchased.
* Christ is the great equalizer when you don't speak the same language.
* God truly has a special place in his heart for the orphan.
* A smile means the same thing in Chinese as it does in English.
* No matter how amazing the opportunity, it will never be as good as if my family was here to enjoy it with me.
* Jesus is the father to the fatherless.
* The love for a child that grows in your heart is just as powerful as when that child comes from you.
* You can't make someone love you but you can always love someone.
* Hearing the word "papa" can make your day.
Anyway, these are just some thoughts from a foreign land that I have come to love.

(my brother Greg)
I love you and soooo proud of your heart for orphans!!

1 comment:

  1. wow-- what an awesome family you have! praying right now that your brother gets his mercy, too!! love all his thoughts!

    i'll let you know the minute i hear from elle that she's met the kids!!! thank you so much for praying!!! love you!

    ReplyDelete

The best is yet to come!!