My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://mycrazyadoption.org
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

SIMPLY LOVE. CRAZY LOVE.

"Ah, Sovereign Lord," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am only a child."

But the Lord said to me, "Do not say, I am only a child. You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do NOT BE AFRAID of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the Lord. Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, "Now, I have put my words in your mouth. See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant."
Jeremiah 1:6-10

"When Jeremiah voices his hesitation and FEAR, God-the God of the galaxies- reaches out and touches his mouth. It's a gentle and affectionate gesture, something a loving parent would do. Through this illustration I realize that I don't have to worry about not meeting HIS expectations. God will ensure my success in accordance with HIS PLAN, not mine.
This is the God we serve, the God who knew us before He made us. The God who promises to remain with us and rescue us. The God who loves us and longs for us to love Him back."
(Crazy Love-Francis Chan)

If you are called to adopt, don't wait in hesitation or fear any longer. If you are called to help an orphan, don't wait in hesitation or fear any longer. Don't allow fear to paralyze your direction, your God-ordained passions and visions. Some of the crazy fears that paralyze us from moving forward with adoption... finances, paperwork, waiting, loss, the unknown... We don't have to worry about not meeting HIS expectations. Take comfort in Jeremiah's story that God will gently reach out and touch you and help you and guide you and give you the strength and courage to fulfil HIS PLANS.

Simply Love.

I'd love to hear what you think about the book CRAZY LOVE. How has it inspired you through the adoption journey or What fears have kept you from moving forward with your adoption?

3 comments:

  1. love, love crazy love!! totally your mantra!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so turning my computer off after this, but i had to pop over ... love that you stalked the Oatsvall Team shirt !!! The book CRAZY LOVE wrecked my life in such an amazing way ... It made fear obsolete in raising the funds for yet another adoption, it gave us the courage to step and out enjoy another journey to children God ordained at the beginning of time to be ours, it made me bolder w/ people when they ask questions ... it has done so much to help me see the TRUTH of scripture and WALK BOLDLY ...

    have a blessed week sister !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I just read Crazy Love and LOVED it too! I guess I am still in the process of digesting it all and asking the Lord, what do you want me to do with all of this info swirling around in my head...I know He just longs for me to sit down with Him, alone, and then He will make something out of that swirl. I see in the post above that you told Gwen about us meeting at kamp because of my tshirt. It is a small world but once you are in the adoption world it is a tight, loving, passionate group. A lady at Lamberts inquired if I supported orphans in Africa because of my African beads I had on my wrist. Of course that lead to a great conversation and immediate friend! Hope all is well. I sent ya an email too! Tracy Jones

    ReplyDelete

The best is yet to come!!