- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar (i use Splenda mix)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips (omit if using the sugar/cinn. sprinkle)
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 tablespoons milk (add more if too dry)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl (I use my Kitchenaid mixer) whisk together all the ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter. Stir in the chocolate chips. Mix in the orange juice. I add the milk at the end to form a soft dough.
- Lazy Chocolate Chip Ball- roll with hands into little balls whatever size you want:)
- Sweet Shapes- turn out the dough on a floured surface. Pat or roll into a 9 inch circle about 1/2 inch thick. With a fun cookie cutter-any shape, cut out 12 scones, pushing the dough scraps together for the last few, if necessary. Spray w/ Pam & sprinkle sugar & cinnamon. Transfer the scones to the baking sheet.
- Seasonal- add dried fruits, candies & nuts if you like.
- Plain Jane- Don't add anything extra. Top with butter & jam to eat.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Do not overbake-they will keep baking as they cool. Move to wire racks to cool.
SWEET SHAPES...top with sugar & cinnamon
(leave me a comment if you like Wednesday WOW recipes:)